MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Modifying the Portal....again....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
In RC4, is there any way to modify it from this:[attachment=691]

to this: [attachment=692]

Or will Gold allow this and I should just wait?
Without lots of modifcation, this can't be done. If you need it though, your going to need to make a choice.

[tricky] Splice the image into bits to work in a table
[simple] move the login, search etc links to the far right as well
[simple] move the login, search etc links above or below the logo

As soon as you decide, I'd be hapy to code you up a table to make it like that!
Actually, you could make the image a background image and then place the text over the background. You would not be able to have the logo link somewhere, though.

Another alternative would be to use CSS and z-index but I am not sure too many people could help you with this idea. I know a decent amount of CSS, but I have never dealt with z-index.
[color=red Wrote:k776[/color]]
Without lots of modifcation, this can't be done. If you need it though, your going to need to make a choice.

[tricky] Splice the image into bits to work in a table
[simple] move the login, search etc links to the far right as well
[simple] move the login, search etc links above or below the logo

As soon as you decide, I'd be hapy to code you up a table to make it like that!

Thanks K776!

I'm too tired to think, but my goal is to soak up that big white chunk in the top right corner.

I've spent two days learning Paint Shop Pro so I'm fried. Luckily it's an easy program. And I kinda like that new logo I did, so I'd rather adjust the portal than try to make a new logo. Although, it looks like it would be easier to make a new logo than do what you said.

I guess, if you can get it to look halfway decent and scoot the main table closer to the logo I would be happy.

[color=blue Wrote:Matt Light[/color]]
Actually, you could make the image a background image and then place the text over the background. You would not be able to have the logo link somewhere, though.

Another alternative would be to use CSS and z-index but I am not sure too many people could help you with this idea. I know a decent amount of CSS, but I have never dealt with z-index.

Thank you also Matt!
Right now, I have the logo cropped tightly around the image, but I could add some canvas if that's going to be the easiest solution. Do you by any chance know what size (in pixels) the image would have to be? But then how do I get the text to go over the background image?

Thank you to both of you for being so helpful to me. You're very kind to help out a complete (and very clueless) stranger. I really appreciate it!!
You actually do not need to change your image at all if you do not want to. While it would technically be a background image, it would appear pretty much the way you have it.
Ok, now that I'm coherent, it turns out I didn't understand the other night when I read that.

I think I would like the logo to be the background image. I don't care that it won't link.

Can you tell me how to accomplish that?

Thanks again you guys!
<table width="100%"><tr><td style="background: url(./images/Light/logo.gif)">
<center><div class="menu">$toplinks</div></center>
<div align="right">$welcomeblock</div>
</td></tr></table>
I havn't tested this but it should work to some extent hopefully. You might need to adjust some php files. And place that in the header template, replacing the logo and toplink code, then remove
<div id="panel">$welcomeblock</div>
later in the same template.

Hope you get what I mean.
Ugh.

I tried really hard to figure this out on my own, but I can't find it.

The background image in the above code makes the image repeat so I took that out. I set the background image in the theme to not repeat, so that's ok now. Also, in the above code the table is too small and the background is covered by the table, so I just stuck a bunch of <br> in there to drop the table down. I don't know if this is the correct way to do it but it worked.

But, the part I can't figure out is how to get the toplinks to align center or right. I messed around and managed to get it on the right, but when I do <div align="right", I lose the menu effect.

Grr
ok. To fix what you said above, do the thing, but use:
<table width="100%"><tr><td style="background-image: url(./images/Light/logo.gif); background-repeat: none;" height="[b]height of bg image[/b]" width="100%" align="center">
<div class="menu">$toplinks</div>
<div align="right">$welcomeblock</div>
</td></tr></table>
instead.

Got msn, yahoo, or icq? I'll help you there. Its faster.
Sad didn't work
Pages: 1 2 3