MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Got random characters on my forum when enabling GZip Page Compression.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello!

So I activated GZIP Page Compression and now my entire forum is just random character:

[Image: vWTK5S8fTa2U-46JW7E-eg.png]

Could somebody help me solve this problem?

Thanks!
what level did you set it to ?
change compression to lower level until it works

ex: 3
It still doesn't work even at a level of 1.
^ looks like compression is already applied at the server level & compressing again is resulting in gibberish display.
Had this myself. As .m. Stated it's what happens when compression is done twice: at server level and at the ACP. Please remove it from your ACP settings and heck in Gzip is enabled using a tool of your choice.
Sorry, but I don't understand what I am suppose to do. Do I need to desactivate the plugin causing this issue?
(2017-07-15, 03:17 PM)theriyoshi Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, but I don't understand what I am suppose to do. Do I need to desactivate the plugin causing this issue?

If you are using a plugin in addition to ACP settings, then remove the plugin. If you still have a problem after that, then turn gzip compression off in ACP.
(2017-07-15, 03:23 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-15, 03:17 PM)theriyoshi Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, but I don't understand what I am suppose to do. Do I need to desactivate the plugin causing this issue?

If you are using a plugin in addition to ACP settings, then remove the plugin. If you still have a problem after that, then turn gzip compression off in ACP.

But, I've got tons of plugins :

[Image: 6gmFVdDcSsOefkxB5OSl_Q.png]
[Image: 3X7h9KoWRHeO-FanopRGyg.png]

In my opinion, the only plugins that could cause this problem would be Preparser Cache or MinifyHTML but I deactivated both of them and it still couldn't work.
^ if your forum url is datateam.pe.hu/forums/ then it is loading normal for guests.
are you getting problem when you log in ?
Pages: 1 2