MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Guest Users Appear as "Banned"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
All the solutions I've found on the forums for this are ancient and/or were "solved" by way of settings I've already got in place but still aren't working.

I managed to install 1.812 and get it so it accepts my login as well as the overall website forum admin.  I've also got one of the moderators to be able to log in.  Logging in users is working.

However, prior to login, the "Guest" user receives, "Your forum account is currently banned. Ban Reason: Unknown Ban will be lifted: Unknown".  I would like the non-logged in users to be able to see all the forums, memberlist, etc., but they're immediately banned.
  • "Force Users to Login" in the ACP is set to No
  • "Guests" have "View" as allowed permissions and everything else is disallowed
  • The "Guest" user group is the last user group in the sort list
Not sure what I'm missing.
what is your forum url ?
forum admin panel >> users & groups >> groups >> guests >> [Edit User Group]
>> General (tab) --> Is banned group?

if above is setting is selected then deselect it & save the settings
Negative. It WAS unchecked, so I checked it, and unchecked it, saved and logged out.

No change.
assuming that your forum is eligible for the support, though not sure if I can check your forum in next few hours,
would you like to PM me temporary access to forum admin panel & files (FTP) [both are required] to check
PM sent along with logins.

Thank you so much for your help M!  This totally fixed it.  (NOTE to anyone else:  you'll probably have to rebuild the caches especially if you screwed up the "Banned" list like I did.)

Quote:basically
default group IDs should be retained for the guests & banned

guests group ID => 1
banned group ID => 7

cheers - m