MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Determine the version of MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I belong to a club that just started using MyBB.  Can I determine the version of MyBB? I see a copyright notice with dates at the bottom of the screen but the version is not displayed, e.g., 1.8.
Thanks.
Click on the home tab in Admin Control Panel, the version # will be indicated there on the page. there is also a setting under Site Details to display the version number to the public.
it's better to hide mybb version

https://community.mybb.com/thread-60763.html
(2017-07-16, 01:33 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]Click on the home tab in Admin Control Panel, the version # will be indicated there on the page. there is also a setting under Site Details to display the version number to the public.

Marking as solved as per the above answer.
Please note that it is advisable not to show version numbers in case you fall behind on updates and attackers exploit previous vulnerabilities in the software.
(2017-07-17, 04:04 PM)katos Wrote: [ -> ]Please note that it is advisable not to show version numbers publicly in case you fall behind on updates and attackers exploit previous vulnerabilities in the software.

FTFY. In the ACP doesn't really matter because if your ACP has been breached, they won't need to execute anything as a vulnerability, they've got access to a lot of what they need.