MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Help needed] How do i..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do i hide global.css so when people are on my forums and they right click they can't see it..

<- snip ->

If anyone knows how to do it please leave a comment thank you have a great day..

ps I'm new so..

thank you have a great day <3 
You can't.

The server sends the stylesheet so the user's browser can render the theme.

If you don't want them to see it, your only option is to remove it (which you probably don't want to do).
(2017-07-18, 01:56 AM)Fuzzy Modz Wrote: [ -> ]<- snip ->

Stop advertising it on public forums. I just grabbed a copy for myself...hehe  Big Grin

PS:You can minify your stylesheets in ACP under the server optimizations settings and you can also try the plugin minify HTML  - at least you make it harder to read for whomever...
Quote:You can minify your stylesheets in ACP under the server optimizations settings and you can also try the plugin minify HTML - at least you make it harder to read for whomever...

This but it isn't going to change a thing. If someone really wanted to copy your stuff they can just reformat it themselves within seconds.
(2017-07-18, 10:41 AM)Wage Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:You can minify your stylesheets in ACP under the server optimizations settings and you can also try the plugin minify HTML - at least you make it harder to read for whomever...

This but it isn't going to change a thing. If someone really wanted to copy your stuff they can just reformat it themselves within seconds.

Agreed, OP you can disable right click functionality on your forum if you want using jscript. But I wonder if you want to go to that extent.
Quote:Agreed, OP you can disable right click functionality on your forum if you want using jscript. But I wonder if you want to go to that extent.

The only usefulness you'll get out of doing something like that is making legitimate users angry.

Anyone can still append view-source: to the URL of the page they're on anyway.

view-source:https://community.mybb.com/thread-211804.html

The best route for OP is to just accept that there's no getting around this in any acceptable manor. If someone really wants to mirror/copy your sites layout they will do so.