MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Allow users to create sub-forums.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

I just have a very quick question: Can we allow users to make sub-forums without any plugins?

Does anyone know any plugins to allow users to make sub-forums?

Thanks!
You can't without a plugin.
Not without a plugin, and I would be wary of allowing this functionality.
Out of curiosity, why do you want to allow this?
(2017-07-20, 10:45 AM)katos Wrote: [ -> ]Out of curiosity, why do you want to allow this?

I want people to make their own sub-forums about what ever they want. For example, You're a video game developer and you made a game, you can make a sub-forum about your video game.

Another example: Imagine you have a cooking channel on Youtube, you need a forum where you can share your recipes, you can just make a sub-forums about your cooking channel.
Do you see such a high demand that forum administration can't handle the requests?
(2017-07-20, 04:44 PM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]Do you see such a high demand that forum administration can't handle the requests?

If I have good servers, I think it will be fine.
^^I don't think that was what laie-techie meant. Anyway i think you're asking for a royal mess of a forum. Do you at least want to be able to restrict users who can create forums, because imagine if/when spammers catch onto this, what your forum will look like.
(2017-07-20, 05:26 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]^^I don't think that was what laie-techie meant. Anyway i think you're asking for a royal mess of a forum. Do you at least want to be able to restrict users who can create forums, because imagine if/when spammers catch onto this, what your forum will look like.

I guess I could add a limit of sub-forums users can create. If they want to make more sub-forums than the limit, they will have to get a premium usergroup.