MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help linking new member to old account posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
That's vague, right?

I'm prepping for my upgrade to 1.8 and on 1.6 for a while now I've been unable optimize or backup the database becasue it complains about the userfields-2 table (hold our custom profile fields). This is the main holdup in my upgrade but that's just a note to let you all know my thinking.

So our application process is such that new apps are set to the Being Reviewed group and if they don't get processed for one reason or another after a certain amount of time we delete them.

I just deleted 22 accounts that were absolutely in that group and no other. I kept a screenshot of the list just in case something went haywire. Well, I've noticed that two of my main moderator accounts are gone now and when I look at the admin log the only action I see is the 22 account removal. I verify that these two in particular are deleted becasue their posts are still intact with their names but they are listed as unregistered suddenly. There could potentially be more I guess but these two stick out.

So I am assuming that there's no easy fix. I'm wondering if this also means their PMs are gone. If I have them reapply and get them in the system I seem to remember there's some sql query that can attach a new user ID to old posts, etc...

Can anyone give me some pointers as to the best way to get them back into the fold?

I'll add that I have a full mysql dump from 7 days ago... we can't really roll back 7 days as it's an active community but I do have access to the data and could put it in another database to mine.

I'm updating this becasue as I was scratching my brain trying to figure this out I has a slight epiphany. So for now ignore what I said about the custom profile fields and listen to my out loud thoughts...

Over the last couple of days I had setup a special area for a conference. These two mods as well as some others were added to a conf group to access the private area. I am thinking it's possible at some point I may have edited the two of them at the same time to add them to this group but for the sake of argument lets say I never acted and moved on leaving the ticks checked.

Flash to this morning where I searched and tagged these accounts for removal and removed them... could the cookie from the other day have persisted and I didn't catch it? If so then this is just a goof up on my part.

In fact for whatever reason above I said 22 accounts. Looking at me screengrab there are only 20 accounts per page so that 22 number must be what flashed in front of me. This must be what happened. So let me redirect the request for guidance...

Assuming myBB 1.6 (if that makes a difference) what is my best path to bring back two people from the dead? If I recreate accounts with their usernames how do I at a minimum link them back to their old posts? I know their PMs are likely gone and they'll forgive me sooner or later.

Thanks for any help,
gmO

Used the info from https://community.mybb.com/thread-75430-...#pid551027 to get it solved.

Wondering still if there's more that can be done since I know the old and new UIDs for the account. For example I got the reputation given and received relinked using the same principals as in that thread but there are other bits that could be linked too.

Anyhow, self resolved after self destruction.