MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Feedback...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've just come to say that I've been using Mybb for a few weeks now. All I can say is WOW..

I've ran a fair few forums in my time, including using vBulletin, IPB, phpbb etc., but this takes it to a new level. I wasn't expecting it at all..

Like most free ones, I thought there would be tonnes of mods and hacks that I'd have to do to even make it decent. But there's none I've really done which were needed! - The ones I've done have take about 2 minutes to do.. uploading files and clicking a button. Amazing!

Its fast, easy, and reliable. Come across no bugs or anything like that. There is everything that you'd want plus more in this neat little package. I would definantly recomend this software to anyone. Beats the paid ones anyway!

Good luck for the future, even though you don't need luck. You've grabbed the market with two hands. The faster people realise that, the better!

Thank you so much! Big Grin
If only there were more people like you Smile
i think the same lol, i just posted it while i was requesting the merge system lolBig Grin i totally love MyBB, but when i tried to use it the first time i set my forum up, all that happend was i kept on getting errors, which i coudn't fix and when i asked for help, no 1 knew the problem.
SmokeD U Wrote:but when i tried to use it the first time i set my forum up, all that happend was i kept on getting errors, which i coudn't fix and when i asked for help, no 1 knew the problem.

How can you say that when it's not even a problem with MyBB?
noooo, not latly this was about 1 or 2 years ago lol, when i FIRST ever tried to use MyBB and i coudn't get it to work, and i don't even think i asked for help lol, i carn't remember i have slept since thenBig Grin, sorry if you mis-understood what i said.
I have been thinking about posting my own, however I feel like so many people would of already done this. (so I'll add mine here and hope the original poster doesn't mind)

I switched to mybb a few weeks back, I had tested it before and if I was honest I didn't experience much that I thought I could work with. way back in the early days... Smile (settle back)

Phpbb is never an option for myself and normally I shell out on buying IPB licences only to find members destroying the site I've tried to setup/start. So, I told myself I would never buy another unless I converted once it was going. (which is what I originally did my first site)

Smf's good but I got bored the basic look and the admin panel was a nightmare to control. (I love smf it's nice project everyone tied into each other to help)

But ^ that wasn't enough. My members of a recent site didn't like it and often ask for changes which would improve smf to the core and I'm no php coder. (not enough to enhance everything mentioned)

I turned to mybb, after setting up a test board. Man, you can see how it's turn from a baby (cute) into a child and now into a very decent package.

Honestly for those who didn't like my comments above, I didn't give this project thought as the progress I've seen since is amazing and it run be some swell people.

The admin options are so easy my one and only gmod (with admin permission) finds it easy to use and he's never used any ACP!! truly wonderful and I hear 1.4 has been re-written so it's true mybb is getting better all the time.

Front end, nicely displayed and very closely coming near to perfection. (speaking openly) The only thing I don't like is the editor, although it's better than most. (which I also hear is being worked on for 1.4)

Mybb would be recommend to try at least from me.

P.s Those involved have done a wonderful job and I'm hoping to back this package/site a bit. Once my holiday comes I'm going to show this place I'm serious about donating and I hope more people consider it.

Nothing more worth it in the free world.
~Kerrang..
Thanks for all your compliments Smile
I would like to add my praise to the mix Smile I am very impressed with myBB! Everything just works as it should. If I get stuck with something, I just come here and do a quick search and find a solution easily, as someone else has asked the same thing somewhere down the track.

I just wish there was a converter available for my other forum which is using a different bb. As soon as it is available, I'll be one of the first to download it Toungue
ForumSpark Wrote:I just wish there was a converter available for my other forum which is using a different bb. As soon as it is available, I'll be one of the first to download it Toungue
Which BB are you using? We are currently developing a "MyBB Merge System" that will make converting and merging forums much easier.
The other forum is using SMF. A merge system sounds interesting Smile
Pages: 1 2