MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: online glitch? logout problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK, I have two questions! I have a member on my site that accesses from work, and he is on a secure network. He is having trouble logging out, and gets that error about malicious code and what not. The problem is not with my forum, as I have updated and reverted my templates *in other words, I can logout fine*...The question is, will all proxy servers have trouble logging out with the new session ids or only those on a secure network (ie a military base)?

Second, while the same member was trying to log out (I told him to clear his cache and try again), I noticed that if I went to his post, it said he was online, but if I look at the front page of the forum, he's not listed. Is that normal? If you're unsure what I'm saying, view the following screenshots.

[attachment=6824]

And yes, I did go back and forth several times to verify he wasn't logged off in the few seconds it took me to get to the index! Toungue
Chris and I actually only realized that with proxies a few days ago, it will generate a new ip every session, so we're going to rework it. We'll be using something different like a md5 hash of the loginkey. Those two will make it work, since its not on a per-session level, and they'll be resettable if someone does get a hold of it.
OK, so it will be all proxies...guess I'll let my members know in case they have problems. I have a few members on AOL as well, and they get a new IP with each page they visit! I'll just tell them to clear their cache if they want to logout, until it gets reworked! Thanks for the quick response, Tiki! Big Grin

Oh, and am I to assume the online glitch is related to all that?
judel Wrote:OK, so it will be all proxies...guess I'll let my members know in case they have problems. I have a few members on AOL as well, and they get a new IP with each page they visit! I'll just tell them to clear their cache if they want to logout, until it gets reworked! Thanks for the quick response, Tiki! Big Grin

Oh, and am I to assume the online glitch is related to all that?

Yes, you got it exactly right. As for the online glitch, I have no clue. I'm going to call up House and we'll get a diagnosis right away!
Took awhile to find this after it was split off. And not wanting it to degrade again, I'll get back on topic:

Does ANYONE know why my member would show as online in his post but offline on the index page? I just figured that you devs might like to know that it might be a glitch? Especially since Tiki and Chris are looking into the proxy problem, which might be related. My member was showing as a guest, which might mean something. I don't know, but just wanted you to be aware of it!
Was the message posted by a guest/unregistered/not-logged-in user?