MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: mybb contained in div tag
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,
I was wondering if anybody could tell me how to run the MyBB script inside of a div tag. I want the forum to integrate totally with the rest of my site which already has a header and sidebar for navigation. I don't want to use frames because search engines have a really hard time with frames and I just went through a huge redesign with my site replacing all of the frames with CSS. I tried using the suggestions in the "layout question" post yesterday, but nothing shows up in the div when I run the page. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
-Brendan
Hey Xaio,
I tried that and nothing was showing up. I posted on that thread but wasn't getting any replies so I started this new one. I've been searching everywhere for a way to do this (8 + hrs now, pleah!) with no luck. It would be so easy to integrate if this was a possibility, so I'm going to keep searching : ) The side Boxes plug in isn't really what I'm looking for, because I think it only affects the index page and I want all of the pages to be integrated. Definitely thanks for the reply though, these bulletin boards are great for those of us new to php.
-Brendan
If you're following that script; you'd need to make sure your forum script is located at 'forum', else you'd have to modify the following line of it:

chdir('forum');

Replace forum by the directory where your forum is located.
It's weird. I tried that a couple of days ago and still nothing showed up. Should I be including the entire path (i.e. "scripts/MyBB") or just the name of the directory ("MyBB") instead of "forum"? Thanks for the response, too!
It should be the direct path from where the script is run.

Example, main site is at document root & forums are in "forums" directory, you'd set the value to "forums".

Another example, main site is at "joomla" & forums are at "forums", then you'd have to set it to "../forums" .. and so on.