MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Adding a main website header/footer to a myBB forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello. I'm running myBB on a subdomain of a website. The main website has several information pages, and I have just recently changed my setup so that I have a header.html and footer.html file which are both imported into each webpage at an appropriate point using a simple JavaScript.

I'm wondering if it's possible to do this with myBB, where I could have the header and footer from my main site (with navigation links, etc.) display at the top and bottom of my forums site too.
Hello. I'm running myBB on a subdomain of a website. The main website has several information pages, and I have just recently changed my setup so that I have a header.html and footer.html file which are both included into each webpage at an appropriate point using a simple JavaScript.

I'm wondering if it's possible to do this with myBB, where I could have the header and footer from my main site (with navigation links, etc.) display at the top and bottom of my forums site too.
which type of main site you have - is it built with wordpress ? can we have its url ..

if you are referring to a general site then
required codes can be manually added to header & footer of MyBB forum pages.

if it is wordpress site then its code segments have conflicts with MyBB
and visual integration could be a complex task ..
(2017-07-25, 04:07 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]which type of main site you have - is it built with wordpress ? can we have its url ..

if you are referring to a general site then
required codes can be manually added to header & footer of MyBB forum pages.

if it is wordpress site then its code segments have conflicts with MyBB
and visual integration could be a complex task ..

It's a general site written with Bootstrap (http://www.multicrew.co.uk/). I'm assuming I'd just be able to use the script I'm already using to include the header and footer on my main pages on myBB, I just don't know how I'd go about doing this.
you can try using Dynamic Header and Footer plugin or Header Injection plugin

or required code segments can be added to header template & footer template of your MyBB forum's active theme

[templates related guidance]

if required, you may also hire a theme coder to make the visual integration
(2017-07-26, 03:22 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]you can try using Dynamic Header and Footer plugin or Header Injection plugin

or required code segments can be added to header template & footer template of your MyBB forum's active theme

[templates related guidance]

if required, you may also hire a theme coder to make the visual integration

I've just installed the Dynamic Header and Footer plugin and it does exactly what it says on the tin.

However, my main site (and header and footer) is made with Bootstrap, which isn't native to myBB, so I have placed the bootstrap folder in my forums root and imported the CSS in the header.html, which makes the header look fine, however interferes with the Default myBB theme, making some aspects look rather wonky. Have a look yourself at http://forums.multicrew.co.uk/. Is there any way around this?