MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 2.0 Development Project Overview ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

New to the forum, so apologies if I am being blind and missed this.

The development of MyBB 2.0 looks good, and the features (mainly interested in the theme updates with sass etc...) seem really good. However, I don't see anywhere that tells me the status of this project, i.e. is it 10% or 90% of the way through development ?

I would like to start making some themes, but with 2.0 in development, I feel it would be better for me to wait for that release, but I don't know if that would be weeks/months or years.

Any advice on rough release date for this ?

Many Thanks.
Progress is slow, I'd personally concentrate on 1.8 for now as 2.0 is a while away due to a lack of free time on my (and other team members) part.
Likely less than 15% currently. Possibly even lower.
Thanks for the prompt reply guys, i'll stick to 1.8 for the minute then! Big Grin
(2017-07-24, 10:09 PM)kawaii Wrote: [ -> ]Likely less than 15% currently. Possibly even lower.

Are you serious? After all these years just %15?
(2017-08-06, 09:58 AM)serhatyucel Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-24, 10:09 PM)kawaii Wrote: [ -> ]Likely less than 15% currently. Possibly even lower.

You should check these links below for 2.0 information :-
https://docs.mybb.com/versions/2.0.0/
https://blog.mybb.com/2015/12/24/mybb-2-...ly-public/

This is the code repo :-
https://github.com/mybb/mybb2

A handful of people contributing a few hours of their free time each week to work on something they don't get paid for and don't have any obligation to do, yes. Teams change. Situations change. Personal life gets in the way. Loss of motivation. There are many factors. If you want change, be that change.
(2017-08-06, 06:03 PM)NathanĀ Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]

A handful of people contributing a few hours of their free time each week to work on something they don't get paid for and don't have any obligation to do, yes. Teams change. Situations change. Personal life gets in the way. Loss of motivation. There are many factors. If you want change, be that change.

Exactly this. Just delete MyBB 2.0 from your mind, it's probably still a long way before getting released. They are doing this for free, so I wouldn't even completely expect to see 2.0 realeased lol
(2017-08-07, 01:23 PM)Phrenetiick Wrote: [ -> ]Exactly this. Just delete MyBB 2.0 from your mind, it's probably still a long way before getting released. They are doing this for free, so I wouldn't even completely expect to see 2.0 realeased lol

It isn't a case of *if*, it's a case of *when*.