MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: A spot of theme help..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm hopeful to learn how to theme for myself, but I would to ask a question + a few areas which I'd like to change and I was wondering if anyone could help. (of course I'm not expecting anything) Smile

Could anyone point me into a direction to learn what areas do what in mybb? I've previously followed guides for ipb and can do basic changes here. Smile

List of changes I'm interested in learning.
How to highlight new "pms" with a different style colour (css)
How to highlight pinned/important threads (css)
Change the page numbers, similar to mybb lovely new look.
How to add new bbcode(s) which are only implied within the core and not the editor.
How to add the icons for "msn" "aim" "yahoo" "website" etc into the side post bit area, so that they remain at the bottom even when a long threads posted.

Example
[bbcode][bbcode]
(I'd have to manually type it)

That's it, if anyone happens to know the answers to any of these I'd greatly appreciate it. So thanks for you time/reading Smile

~Kerrang!
Most of these features come standard with a vBulletin board. Is this from which you are referring? Some of these I know are possible, but require file edits, possible some spans and some template edits. If I have some time later Ill look into it.
Audentio Wrote:Most of these features come standard with a vBulletin board. Is this from which you are referring? Some of these I know are possible, but require file edits, possible some spans and some template edits. If I have some time later Ill look into it.

Ah no buddy, I'm trying to learn how to do this with mybb.

I'm not sure if the icons go under the postbit, I should go check. The rest are things I would like to insert into them, currently re-doing a Christmas theme I made awhile back.

(Very basic) yet hoping to learn from it. Cool

I appreciate your reply Audentio, please don't put yourself out for me.
~Kerrang!