MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Increasing specific area of custom theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, 

I am new to MyBB and really have a very limited knowledge of forum building. I found a forum theme that I like for my new forum. My question is if it is possible to extend an area of a custom theme. 

In this case I am referring to the top area in lighter blue (where is says myIPB). I would like to place banner advertisements here of clients that I work with. Can this be done? 

Also at the bottom it says forum statistics and member statistics. Can I remove all of this info? Here I would like to have either a list of affiliated businesses OR banners of affiliated clients. 

Finally, where it says Forum, Members, Calendar, Search, Help, can I delete and replace some of these tabs? I would like one of my tabs to bring forum visitors to a consultation area where info can be filled out and pictures attached? Once done, the info will be submitted to one of the affiliated businesses(that the forum visitor decides to send the info to for feedback). 

New to this. I am just trying to figure out what my limitations when I use a custom theme and what I can/cannot edit. 

Thanks for the help.

Attached is the theme I am considering.
all above changes are possible however responder(s) should have required time to provide related guidance.

regarding the board statistics --> please see replies here

see also templates related guidance
(2017-07-25, 03:59 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]all above changes are possible however responder(s) should have required time to provide related guidance.

regarding the board statistics --> please see replies here

see also templates related guidance

Hi.m., 

Thanks for the help. I look forward to receiving more info on how to do the above mentioned tasks.
Could an expert please refer me to a thread/info page regarding how to: 

1)  add a tab to bring forum visitors to a consultation area where info can be filled out and pictures attached? Once done, the info will be submitted to one of the affiliated businesses(that the forum visitor decides to send the info to for feedback). 

2) Add banners to my template (probably on top). 

Thanks again. Cheers.