MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Save css
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

I tried to save css of the theme global.css (almost 2400 lines of css) but it gets stuck. (a loop)

If I try to save css with less number of lines, it working.

Php 5.6

max_execution_time 30
max_input_time -1
memory_limit 128M
post_max_size 32M
upload_max_filesize 128M

Where is the problem? 
they are common values on a shared web host and global.css of ~2400 lines is also a normal thing.
however you can try increasing the max_execution_time (may be 90 or 120)
Now max_execution_time is 120, but problem still persist
is the server restarted after changing the value ? can you also try changing it to 300

have you checked latest entries of server error log - does it enlist related cause ?
you may also have to check if mod_security / suhosin security is affecting ..
I use shared hosting and I can make changes php.ini so, server had not restarted.

Also, I checked error logs from cpanel and it's all right
contact your web host & request to restart the server & check if it helps ..

as a workaround you may have to split global.css to two parts
i.e. add a new stylesheet (eg. global2.css) & make it applicable to all the pages
and move some content of global.css to the newly added stylesheet [related guidance]
(2017-07-27, 10:27 AM)adi19 Wrote: [ -> ]I use shared hosting and I can make changes php.ini so, server had not restarted.

You need to restart the web server (at least in the case of Apache) in order for changes to php.ini to take effect.
Restarting apache to make changes effect to the php o.0
(2017-07-27, 06:22 PM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-27, 10:27 AM)adi19 Wrote: [ -> ]I use shared hosting and I can make changes php.ini so, server had not restarted.

You need to restart the web server (at least in the case of Apache) in order for changes to php.ini to take effect.

Or use PHP-FPM and you can just restart PHP not the entire web server xD
(2017-07-27, 06:57 PM)broatcast Wrote: [ -> ]Restarting apache to make changes effect to the php o.0

So true xD
(2017-07-27, 11:40 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]contact your web host & request to restart the server & check if it helps ..

as a workaround you may have to split global.css to two parts
i.e. add a new stylesheet (eg. global2.css) & make it applicable to all the pages
and move some content of global.css to the newly added stylesheet  [related guidance]

Thanks, I used second method!