MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Play MP4 attachments
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.

I want to know if it is possible to play attached MP4 videos.
Al i can find is play links like Youtube etc but i don't want to upload the videos to Youtube or some other side.
Any help is appreciated.

Jef
I think no. If you have necessary codecs installed on server, added to MyBB and your browser supports HTML5 etc, this could work.
(2017-07-27, 12:24 PM)meetdilip Wrote: [ -> ]I think no. If you have necessary codecs installed on server, added to MyBB and your browser supports HTML5 etc, this could work.
Thanks.

Ik find it very strange this is no out of the box feature.
There can be privacy sensitive videos which you don't want to share with the world.
You can do it with a plugin. I am not sure one exists, for now.
There was something like called "media autoplay" iirc wich can handle this maybe.

Edit:
Found it, https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=286 "AutoMedia", maybe with a little bit of modification this can work. Just a hint to a direction. (Maybe) xD
(2017-07-27, 01:21 PM)jefhorians Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-27, 12:24 PM)meetdilip Wrote: [ -> ]I think no. If you have necessary codecs installed on server, added to MyBB and your browser supports HTML5 etc, this could work.
Thanks.

Ik find it very strange this is no out of the box feature.
There can be privacy sensitive videos which you don't want to share with the world.

That doesn't make sense. It doesn't change the accessibility of the video, it only makes it easier to view...