MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: manual meta tags for alternative image when thread share on facebook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
previously, i've tried plugin facebook open graph meta tags and seo meta tags. but if image (thumbnail) setting active, the image that already on thread not amppear when share on facebook and changed with the image thumbnail.

and i've tried manual, the effect same as above.

that i want is :
if on thread already picture/image there. so that image appear when i share on facebook. and but, if on thread without image, the alternative image thumbnail appear when share on facebook.

thanks Shy
You will need to have a custom plugin to modify header and to add og:image, og:title and og:description for pages which don't have it. If the pages have, then you use the specified images present in the thread, similarly for description.

Regards
WallBB
(2017-07-29, 06:14 AM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]You will need to have a custom plugin to modify header and to add og:image, og:title and og:description for pages which don't have it. If the pages have, then you use the specified images present in the thread, similarly for description.

Regards
WallBB
which plugin that suitable for i need?
because, 3 plugins that i have tried just add meta tag for thumbnail and instead of replacing the existing image in the thread

about the thumbnail thread, i can set manual with adding some code in template . may be also with manual way, my goal on above can be resolved

sorry, if my english not good Blush