MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Theme is hiding an icon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey, so I installed the Flatty theme on my forum but the alert icon (from MyAlerts plugin) is hidden when I use Flatty theme, when I go back to the original theme it perfectly works. 

Any idea ? I tried to change it for 2 hours now but i'm new and I can't figure out doing it, thanks in advance
Can you check if you header_welcomeblock_member is having the below line added ?
<myalerts_headericon>

If not, please add it and check.

Regards
WallBB
(2017-07-30, 04:50 AM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]Can you check if you header_welcomeblock_member is having the below line added ?
<myalerts_headericon>

If not, please add it and check.

Regards
WallBB

Thanks for your answer !
Are you sure it's here ? Because it says it's the UserCP but I want to modify here http://prntscr.com/g21sgq/direct
Here is what is shown in whenever I do "Inspect element" http://prntscr.com/g21t9h/direct
Here is what is shown with the default theme (working icon) when I inspect the element http://prntscr.com/g21tr1/direct

Also in the header_welcomeblock_user it's written

"<ul class="menu panel_links">
{$usercplink}
{$myalerts_headericon}{$modcplink}
{$admincplink}
</ul>"
"
That icon doesn't actually come with the plugin, it's already in MyBB. The only reason why people see in on the default theme is because it comes as a sprite. Best way to add an icon besides the word is by using FontAwesome. For example,

<ul class="menu panel_links">
{$usercplink}
<i class="fa fa-bell" aria-hidden="true"></i>{$myalerts_headericon}{$modcplink}
{$admincplink}
</ul>

The FontAwesome I used is a bell.
(2017-07-30, 10:15 AM)Wires Wrote: [ -> ]That icon doesn't actually come with the plugin, it's already in MyBB. The only reason why people see in on the default theme is because it comes as a sprite. Best way to add an icon besides the word is by using FontAwesome. For example,

{$usercplink}
{$admincplink}
</ul>

Thanks for your reply but it goes on the right since I want it to be on the left, any idea ? Thanks Smile
(2017-07-30, 11:04 AM)Reyyzan Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-30, 10:15 AM)Wires Wrote: [ -> ]That icon doesn't actually come with the plugin, it's already in MyBB. The only reason why people see in on the default theme is because it comes as a sprite. Best way to add an icon besides the word is by using FontAwesome. For example,

{$usercplink}
{$admincplink}
</ul>

Thanks for your reply but it goes on the right since I want it to be on the left, any idea ? Thanks Smile

It is probably because of the css align right in your theme style, can you share your website url ?
(2017-07-30, 12:09 PM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-30, 11:04 AM)Reyyzan Wrote: [ -> ]

{$usercplink}
{$admincplink}
</ul>

It is probably because of the css align right in your theme style, can you share your website url ?

Sent you a PM, thanks for helping me and sorry if these are dumb questions, I'm new to this
I see page not found when I visit your website.
(2017-07-30, 03:48 PM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]I see page not found when I visit your website.

It works perfectly for me and my friend
Still need this if anyone can help, it's showing with Default theme but not Flatty theme
Pages: 1 2