MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Threads accessible only to a particular user group
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys

I want to post threads on my forum that are only accessible to a particular usergroup.

Making a VIP only Forum is possible, but I haven't been able to find a VIP Only thread on mybb

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards.

More details : 

Eg: I have different sub-forums like fruits, vegetables etc.

under the sub-forum 'fruits' I want to create a thread 'best fruits for improving your memory' only accessible to VIP members [usergroup].

under the sub-forum 'vegetables' I want to create a thread 'best weight loss vegetables' only accessible to VIP members and so and so forth.
Need a plugin to do this then. Why not just make another premium forum and put your premium threads in there?
You can adjust which user groups have read/write access to each and every forum in ACP. 
ACP -> Forums and Posts -> {Your specific forum (or sub forum)} -> Options -> Edit Forum -> Forum Permissions

and you can automate the changing of user groups on whatever basis at 
User And Groups -> Group Promotions
(2017-07-30, 11:37 AM)fizz Wrote: [ -> ]Need a plugin to do this then. Why not just make another premium forum and put your premium threads in there?

Thanks for your reply, Do you know any plugin that can accomplish this?
You can make a separate subforum and setup permissions so only the VIP usergroup can access.