MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: STARTTLS help office365
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I am trying to figure out how to configure the godaddy office 365 mailing.
I received the following information:

smtp.office365.com
port 587
starttls

The problem is I cannot select Starttls. tsl doesn't work.

What should I do to resolve this?
How is this related to MyBB ? :curious:
(08-01-2017, 12:35 AM)meetdilip Wrote: [ -> ]How is this related to MyBB ? :curious:

Since I'm posting it on mybb forums; let's assume I'm using mybb and am trying to get the mail to work alright? ...
Give us some informations, without infos we can't help just easy... sure we know you like to use the office 360 mail for mybb to send mails. But without any input we can't do anything... easy thing our glass sphere is not working right now.

So maybe descripe your problem... what does the logs say, what kind of error you recive... what you have tryed before.

A simple HELP! it dosnt work! Will not help us and not help you.
(08-02-2017, 08:49 AM)broatcast Wrote: [ -> ]Give us some informations, without infos we can't help just easy... sure we know you like to use the office 360 mail for mybb to send mails. But without any input we can't do anything... easy thing our glass sphere is not working right now.

So maybe descripe your problem... what does the logs say, what kind of error you recive... what you have tryed before.

A simple HELP! it dosnt work! Will not help us and not help you.
I don't mean to show a bad attitude; but if that is what I get on the first response that's how I reply.

Like I wrote in the first post: The problem is I cannot select Starttls.
Does MyBB even support Starttls? If not, It's no point troubleshooting it any further.
The mailhandler class from mybb use startls, its just connect to the mailserver, after the "ehlo" message its waiting for the server respond wich protocols are supportet by the server, if the server reply with startls support it will use this automaticly.
Just try it with tls setting.
Then we can look what your log will say if its not work.
You don't have to be rude @Infinito

People ask all sort of weird questions on this forum. Here is one, if you think I am lying

https://community.mybb.com/thread-212057.html

Also, we are volunteers. Everyone is trying to help others, not make fun of them. Try to understand that.