MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MOBA Community - Open/Project
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Theme: Gaming (MOBAs)
Type: Community/Communal-forums
Looking for: Partner(s) (Administrator(s) mainly)
Name: To be defined

Greetings,
There's this project I've had in mind for a while now. The part that will be decisive is this one : it would be a community-forums about MOBAs.

Forums about MOBAs. What would make it interesting ?
> Each MOBA will have its own section with different sub-forums (a bit like RZ), like; guides, tips, support, announcements, guilds/groups ads, and much more.
> The reason it would be interesting to reunite all those games under one unique community-forums is quite simple; MOBA is a game genre, and having many players sharing the same 'passion' for MOBAs reunited would be something crazy.

About hosting and domains ?
> All my charges. I've already got the hosting (1and1, but since i'm french, you'd guess it: it's a french server with like a 5-10ms for non-european countries, so it's okay) with unlimited bandwidth and stockage and anything can be done on it.
> Concerning the domain name, I'll take care of it aswell, of course. I just gotta make sure that it doesn't go above 20-30€ per year (even though most are under 10€)

About the name of the project
> Didn't find one yet. I thought using the domain name to make it more memorable (like http://mo.ba [i'm not ready to spend $120/year], or a website called "MOBAit" with http://moba.it) could be interesting aswell.

The roles to attribute / How can I help ?

I'm glad you wish to help/contribute. For now, i'm looking for only one role that can still be taken by up to 2 or 3 persons.

Site Administrator/Developer
As the role name says, this role is about being basically an administrator.

Skills required
  • Speaking and writing in english fluently
  • Speaking and writing in another language fluently (optional)
  • Being at least 18 years old
  • Having played at least one MOBA for more than 10 hours, if not more
  • Having knowledges in coding (HTML/CSS/JS/MYSQL/PHP[..]) (optional but greetly appreciated, especially the bold ones)
  • Having knowledges in graphics (Photoshop or anything similar) (optional)
  • Having decent writing skills, being used to redact long texts and articles with paragraphs
  • Knowing how to act responsibly and like a mature person (that's not optional)
  • Having a good experience with forums and management overall
  • Having more than 3 hours per day to spend on the project
  • Being resourceful; having and sharing ideas, being open-minded
  • Being able to be an actual good administrator (avoid using silly emoticons or spamming them, knowing when to warn/ban someone, etc.)

There ARE a lot of conditions, but this can only prove the seriousness of this project and the motivation behind my username.

If you have any question or anything, don't hesitate.
I'm interested, how can i help?
(2017-07-31, 09:58 PM)Cataclysmic Wrote: [ -> ]I'm interested, how can i help?

Original post has been updated, including what's necessary and what I'm looking for.
If you have any question, ask them on this thread (or PM if those are private).
If it does fit with you, please send me a private message.

By the way, i'm not into members that post on multiple threads that (s)he's interested, those are role-seekers, not members that are actually really interested and motivated towards this project.
i can suggest name you can get moba.sh for $32.88 from namecheap or moba.one for $7.50 from alpnames.
(2017-08-01, 04:03 AM)Dark-Power-Invader Wrote: [ -> ]moba.one for $7.50 from alpnames

I thought of this one aswell ! Thanks buddy, I guess this could be the good one.

You may close this thread as the project is going further.
> https://community.mybb.com/thread-212072.html