MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do I get rid of you
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How in God’s name can I get rid of mybb?  It suddenly took over a website I read daily.  Now, the site looks wonky, and is hard to navigate.  I did not ask for this bb stuff,  don’t want  this bb stuff, and I would pay money to be rid of this bb intruder.  How do I get of it ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
MyBB does not "take over" a website. We (MyBB, not me) provide a .zip file with the files for MyBB. You can easily delete MyBB off your server and be rid of it.
My server . . . ??? Really who or where is my server. I live in a small town in OK. The only server is I know works in a small cafe downtown. Meanwhile, be a jolly fellow and tell me how to really get rid of it. It is extremely annoying to see my favorite web site rehashed and redone. There has to be a way to get rid of this nuisance.
If you are reading out someone else's website then i am afraid we can't do anything you need to ask that website administrator or hostmaster. MyBB is not something that can perform auto installation on someone else's website, the website owner is the one who performed the task of mybb installation on his/her server or shared web space.
L0L ur mad that a website switched to MyBB Software and you're complaining to the open source project. Even if we could help you with this, no-one wants to on the matter of principle.
--- few comments are removed ---
(2017-08-01, 04:02 AM)Lunorian Wrote: [ -> ]Even if we could help you with this, no-one wants to on the matter of principle.

This is the wrong attitude; we should be attempting to help whoever we can - or whoever approaches us (and who fits into the SEP); even if it is just a matter of clarity. The principle is that OP (henceforth "The Member") has a legitimate issue which can then be broadened into other categories.

Let's be a little bit more rational here:

a) The Member complains about "the site looks wonky, and is hard to navigate." - by principle, we should be, ideally, finding out if it's the default MyBB theme he has an issue with (I doubt it), or a theme that has been created for that site -- and I've seen some pretty terrible themes in my time.

b) The Member, by their own admission, have NFI what a "server" is - "Really who or where is my server." - so we can safely assume that it isn't their website.

c) The Member believes MyBB is intruding on their web experience: "I did not ask for this bb stuff, don’t want this bb stuff, and I would pay money to be rid of this bb intruder." - This is the part where we state that MyBB is FOSS (Free and Open Source Software) - and that it is freely available online; and does not intrude or force itself on anyone.
Wow . . . thanks, Ben . . . I light appears on the jungle. So BB does not sneak up in the nigiht and intrude and include itself into my business? It is on their web site? I wrote to one of the monitors, sent them a picture of what I was seeing. He wasn't able to help. So, I should contact the administrator? I'll try that.
Apparently, the website owner made changes to the forum that you read.
And there is nothing that you can do about it - well, maybe one thing:  On your website visit (not this one) use the "Contact Us" button at the bottom of the page and send him/her an email.
On your former favorite website look for:
 [attachment=39159]
Cloudy . . . thanks. I did that this morning. He suggested cleaning cookies and history and anything that could be cleaned. Did that. No change . . . drat.

Update . . . I found a way out o My BB. Maybe one or some of you can explain it. After clearing my cookies and other niches in my computer, and trying a couple of other browsers, I began exploring my web site page. Way down at the bottom of the page was a drop down box with a down arrow button. I clicked the down arrow, and was given the options of "default" (My BB) or RP (regular looking site). I clicked RP, and bingo, got my old look back. Frankly, I'm a little befuddled but glad. Thanks to those of you who actually tried to help.

Update . . . I found a way out o My BB. Maybe one or some of you can explain it. After clearing my cookies and other niches in my computer, and trying a couple of other browsers, I began exploring my web site page. Way down at the bottom of the page was a drop down box with a down arrow button. I clicked the down arrow, and was given the options of "default" (My BB) or RP (regular looking site). I clicked RP, and bingo, got my old look back. Frankly, I'm a little befuddled but glad. Thanks to those of you who actually tried to help.
Pages: 1 2