MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Serious Gaming Community / Project
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Theme: Gaming (All types of games included)
Type: Community/Communal-forums

Looking for: Administrator Partner(s)
Name: To be defined
Paid/Unpaid positions Unpaid

Greetings,
I recently posted about a project around MOBAs.. But gaming sure isn't only about this kind of game. It's basically a project I've had in mind for a while now, but in order to make it real, I can't do it all alone.

Forums about Games. What would make it interesting and different from all other existing gaming communities ?
▬ I do have ideas that would make it quite different. It won't just be a MyBB forums with only a changing logo. I always go through the limits of what i'm being given.
▬ If the community grows, I'd give away some games/redeem-codes aswell.
▬ Reuniting gamers in a single community is just something crazy that I would like to achieve, but not alone.

About hosting and domains ?
All my charges. I've already got the hosting (1and1, but since i'm french, you'd guess it: it's a french server with like a 5-10ms for non-european countries, so it's okay) with unlimited bandwidth and stockage and anything can be done on it.
Concerning the domain name, I'll take care of it aswell, of course. I just gotta make sure that it doesn't go above 20-30€ per year (even though most are under 10€)

About the name of the project
Didn't find one yet, i'm still thinking about it.

The roles to attribute / How can I help ?
I'm glad you wish to help/contribute. For now, i'm looking for only one role that can still be taken by up to 2 or 3 persons.

Site Administrator/Developer
As the role name says, this role is about being basically an administrator.

Skills required

- Speaking and writing in english fluently
- Speaking and writing in another language fluently (optional)
-Being at least 18 years old
-Having played at least two Online games for more than 10 hours in total, if not more
-Having knowledges in coding (HTML/CSS/JS/MYSQL/PHP[..]) (optional but greetly appreciated, especially the bold ones)
-Having knowledges in graphics (Photoshop or anything similar) (optional)
-Having decent writing skills, being used to redact long texts and articles with paragraphs
-Knowing how to act responsibly and like a mature person (that's not optional)
-Having a good experience with forums and management overall
-Having more than 1 to 3 hours per day to spend on the project
-Being resourceful; having and sharing ideas, being open-minded
-Being able to be an actual good administrator (avoid using silly emoticons or spamming them, knowing when to warn/ban someone, etc.)

Overall: someone responsible and that knows what being an admin is like and that can be serious when needed.

There ARE a lot of conditions, but this can only prove the seriousness of this project and the motivation behind my username.

If you have any question or anything, don't hesitate.
Don't you think 3 hours a day spending on a project who will give you nothing in return is too much for some guys? well i am a open minded and don't care for the online activity though. I hardly visits my own forums about 1 or 2 hours a day no more then that.
Updated.
Still hiring.
I'm up, only if you are good with it.
(2017-08-04, 07:20 PM)Cataclysmic Wrote: [ -> ]I'm up, only if you are good with it.

PM sent.
it should be better if you had a website to show to the community so people could help you.
(2017-08-08, 08:58 PM)Wazzyl Wrote: [ -> ]it should be better if you had a website to show to the community so people could help you.

(2017-08-02, 02:35 AM)Wyvh Wrote: [ -> ]Status: Project
We aren't hiring anymore. Thanks, you may close the thread.
--- closed ---