MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: data base issuew
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So i created a new data base tha's  completly clear and i set the name dracon both username and database name and password qweasdr and i edited the config like this : 
$config['database']['type'] = 'mysqli';
$config['database']['database'] = 'dracon';
$config['database']['table_prefix'] = 'mybbu3_';

$config['database']['hostname'] = '%dracon';
$config['database']['username'] = 'dracon';
$config['database']['password'] = 'qweasdr';

and i get the following error,  so i dont really know what to do   and i am not really good at this  also i  used  one of my old project  (forum) 

error : 
yBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
2002 - php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: No such host is known.
Query:
[READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server
Please contact the MyBB Group for technical support.
can you try using localhost for the host name ..
$config['database']['hostname'] = 'localhost';
(2017-08-04, 05:24 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]can you try using localhost for the host name ..
$config['database']['hostname'] = 'localhost';

Thanks you for your response, i did  and i fixed the problem barely ,, i think, now i get this : 
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1146 - Table 'dracon_mybb192.mybbu3_datacache' doesn't exist
Query:
SELECT title,cache FROM mybbu3_datacache
Please contact the MyBB Group for technical support.

i mention that i dont have any backup of data base i started from 0 with the database ,
is the prefix mybbu3 correct ? do you have it as the prefix for the database tables ?
(2017-08-04, 05:46 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]
is the prefix mybbu3 correct ? do you have it as the prefix for the database tables ?

nope, that is the prefix from my old database  that i dont  have , right now i have a completly clear data base that i crated via phpmy admin  xampp

I just want to see my forum working with the plugins i configured, i worked a while to make my dream forum Smile i just want to see it working the account and the other stuff are not important , i dont really know what the database is keeping , they keeping even the boards and forums ?