MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Allow override deny?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My forum (http://mercx.webhop.org) requires a complex usergroup setup, but deny permissions from one group override allow permissions in another group. This causes problems for moderators, specifically that they cannot post in or access forums that they moderate. Is there a way around this without creating even more usergroups, since it is already a bit of a hassle with the amount I have now?
Well, thanks, but how should I go about fixing it? I can't allow the secondary usergroup the permissions and putting the primary as the secondary too did not fix the problem.
You'll have to wait until another bugfix release is available. That won't take very long, though.
GG-Xtreme Wrote:My forum (http://mercx.webhop.org) requires a complex usergroup setup, but deny permissions from one group override allow permissions in another group. This causes problems for moderators, specifically that they cannot post in or access forums that they moderate. Is there a way around this without creating even more usergroups, since it is already a bit of a hassle with the amount I have now?

You need to explicitly set the forum permissions for each user group where there may be a member which is a part of more than one group.

I've explained this in previous threads, but have to run out the door now for work. If you search for posts by me containing "permissions" you should be able to find the info on it.

Chris
But I don't want OTHER members of the secondary group to have the same forum privileges as the moderators.

Think of it this way: There are 5 forums, each with a moderator (setup both user AND forum-side). Each of the 5 forums has a corresponding group that can ONLY access their own forum. ONLY MODERATORS can post threads in their own forum and group members can only view their own forums. If a regular user is a member of more than one group, they can view the forums for each of their groups just fine. I want moderators to be members of groups they don't moderate without having moderator privileges in the other groups. But when I put them in other groups, the moderator permissions for their forum are overridden by the other group(s), and they can no longer post threads in their forum, even with forum-side moderator settings. If instead of using groups I set them up as moderators on the forums they don't moderate (restricting their ability to do moderator stuff forum-side) they can post threads in their forum AND the other forum(s), but I don't want that, I only want them to able to post in their own forum and view other forums only if they are members of those groups. I don't want to give regular group members the ability to post at all, but moderator that are also group members should be able to post only in their forum and view other forums only if they are members of those groups. Is this possible, or do I have to create unique user groups for each user?
I guess you'll also need to make a usergroup for each forum for moderators and explicitly set the permissions there, then for each of your moderators add them to their forum's moderator usergroup.
Ok, thanks, just making sure there wasn't an easier way Smile