MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My Own Domain for a myBB forum.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I've made my own MyBB forum for my community, and I've bought my own domain.

Currently my domain for the forum is mydomain.000webhostapp.com/, but I want to change it to mydomain.com/.

How do I do this? I've made a CNAME Record in my DNS thing.

If I type mydomain.com it shows the site, however I've downloaded the flatty theme, but customized it to my needs, but when I use mydomain.com it just shows the theme without customizations on there. How do I make this work properly? I really want to have it so it'd be like mydomain.com/index.php and so forth, but that won't work, can someone help?
what is your forum url ?

MyBB forum configuration also needs changes to use a new domain.

board url & related cookie settings can be first changed in ~/inc/settings.php file
and then at the Site Details page of Configuration section in forum admin panel.

more details : MyBB faq: login
Hey,

It's not working at all, I've changed the cookie path and such, and I've changed the URL to my desired one, it did not work at all, and this happened instead;

https://gyazo.com/eaf5ba43576cc4b7b93b4af4b2796985
Did you buy the domain and updated it to your webhost nameservers?
I've bought a domain myself, yes. What do I need to update my name servers to? And how do I fix the white error bug thing?
what is your forum url on 000webhost & what is your domain url ?
This is my domain; Redacted

I want it to become this; Redacted

(Yes it's a Danish site for my Danish community.)

Whenever I use the Redacted (I've set a CNAME Record in my DNS administration CPanel), It only renders the theme, it does not update to what I've customized myself on there, so it's basicly useless, aswell as if you click on any button It returns to the "Redacted" url.

I hope you can provide me with some help.
(2017-08-09, 05:44 PM)Gambinooo Wrote: [ -> ]aswell as if you click on any button It returns to the "http://chaospvpdk.000webhostapp.com" url.

Can you confirm that you changed the MyBB settings via instruction by .m.?
Thank you soo much! I made it work. You're an absolute lad. This can be closed.