MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Multiple MyBBs, 1 user database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(I know this isn't really a third party integration but not sure where this goes)
I was wondering is it possible to connect for example: MyBB1 to MyBB2 using the same user database from MyBB1 for both installs?
Only with a little bit of core modding. Or a deep plugin if possible.
(2017-08-10, 02:01 PM)broatcast Wrote: [ -> ]Only with a little bit of core modding. Or a deep plugin if possible.

+1
It depends on what you're trying to do.
Is it something that you want to set up?  Or is it two already existing forums?

This question has been asked before - with no "how-to" answer.
However, there is a method to make one forum look like two forums.

Read this thread to see if it might work for you: https://community.mybb.com/thread-212487...pid1282734
This was something I thought could be setup during creation of the 2nd forum.

Maybe go into database or wherever and tell it to use user table from another mybb database.

Sorry I know very little about what databases can or cant do if they can even be linked together

Edit: from what I have been reading on other threads, its better to have "a plugin to sync user tables upon registration"
You could try setting up a second forum and during it's install process you can give it the existing database name as a test.
^ if existing forum's database is used during installation with the same prefix for the tables then
its contents will be wiped out & new data gets in. i.e. earlier data is lost
Has there been an answer/solution to this or am I over looking it?
(2017-09-02, 04:29 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ if existing forum's database is used during installation  with the same prefix for the tables then
its contents will be wiped out & new data gets in. i.e. earlier data is lost

If using a different prefix for the second forum installation - you would have one database - but it would still behave as if it were two separate databases.
(2017-09-02, 05:30 PM)Zaqre Wrote: [ -> ]Has there been an answer/solution to this or am I over looking it?

Its possible, but you need to be familare with sql and with php!

Thats why i told in first post you need a plugin or core mod to do this, safe and clean.
All other trys will end in data chaos or loosing them.
Pages: 1 2