MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [WIP] Registration Log
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Description: This plugin creates a log of all registrations on your board. Will include a variety of options to sort this log and export it to other formats. The plugin will automatically prune this log based on the registration date of the user (can be disabled).

Thought I'd just go ahead and make the plugin I mentioned here and release it to the community. Please give me some feedback and suggestions if you're interested in this!

Planned Features:
  • Log every registration to database. (* likely an option in the future to only log failed registrations)
  • UID, Username, Email, Date/Time of Signup, IP, User-Agent logged by default (feel free to suggest edits/additions).
  • Daily cleanup task for old logs -> defaults to 180? days, can also be disabled.
  • Manually delete specific logs
  • A few different sort options for the log, won't get too carried away since it's basically just a GUI for a table. I'm thinking UID, USERNAME, and REGDATE ASC/DESC to sort by.
  • Export to file, not sure what filetypes yet, will look into it. *May not be in initial release.
  • Email daily logs to admin (can set multiple admins here, we'll say 5? max). Disabled by default.

Any other feature requests or suggestions let me know!

~fizz
Email daily logs to admin (optional)
(2017-08-11, 05:33 PM)meetdilip Wrote: [ -> ]Email daily logs to admin (optional)

Added to planned features.
Nice idea with this plugin Smile

Will it be free?
If I were installing a plugin, I would want it to have more details than I could SELECT *.

User agent, perhaps, would be ideal. It is an interesting analytic to have.
(2017-08-12, 03:42 AM)AlexanderPep Wrote: [ -> ]Will it be free?
Yes!

(2017-08-12, 04:11 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]If I were installing a plugin, I would want it to have more details than I could SELECT *.
Aside from the actual logging to the db, automated pruning, and exporting to file? What more details would you like that can't be selected, aside from user-agent? The plugin is entitled "Registration Log." Seems as though its functionality would likely center around displaying a glorified SELECT statement.

That said, user-agent added to fields selected.
(2017-08-12, 04:29 AM)fizz Wrote: [ -> ]Aside from the actual logging to the db, automated pruning, and exporting to file? What more details would you like that can't be selected, aside from user-agent? The plugin is entitled "Registration Log." Seems as though its functionality would likely center around displaying a glorified SELECT statement.

I think I explained this terribly; having been on a train at the time, it's understandable.

What I *meant* to say, was that if I were to be installing a plugin, there would need to be compelling information that is not already visible within the MyBB ACP (for example, user IPs are logged, etc).

Thanks for pulling me up on that.
(2017-08-12, 06:22 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-08-12, 04:29 AM)fizz Wrote: [ -> ]Aside from the actual logging to the db, automated pruning, and exporting to file? What more details would you like that can't be selected, aside from user-agent? The plugin is entitled "Registration Log." Seems as though its functionality would likely center around displaying a glorified SELECT statement.

I think I explained this terribly; having been on a train at the time, it's understandable.

What I *meant* to say, was that if I were to be installing a plugin, there would need to be compelling information that is not already visible within the MyBB ACP (for example, user IPs are logged, etc).

Thanks for pulling me up on that.

Ah I gotcha, totally valid point. I would assume this was requested more for convenience and/or users new to running MyBB who are unfamiliar with SQL or the ACP. Because as you said all of this info is collected by the core anyway, this just organizes it in a user-friendly, compact manner.
I completely appreciate that; but I have the belief that plugins should have things that are *not* in the core Smile
I will suggest an option to -
Enable/Disable keep logs for only failed registrations

That means either you want full logs or failed registration logs.
Pages: 1 2