MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: A few suggestions..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Recently I've been thinking what could be useful to suggest for the MyBB project.

These aren't necessarily good, although I would like to throw some input into this wonderful project. I have a few suggestions which I'm not sure about sharing at the moment but I would love to see some input into the one's in which I'm suggesting now.

I heard the buddies list and features was made "stronger" however, I like keeping tabs on my friends and certain members. This suggestion hasn't heard much but personally I like it.

Notifications of friends... (This would also be good for admin) who have members added and want to know what the recent updates are without joining a newsletter etc. Here'sa small layout of the idea, I know this could get annoying which is why I suggest an on and off setting. Smile

Profile (option) for those who aren't within the buddy list
Buddy list (option) for those who are buddies and we'd like to know what they start.

I know some members like keeping tabs and yet don't have a lot of time to surf the net.

Last for now..

Best responses and acknowledgement.

Certain Groups have the ability to "Give Best Responses" to their own posts
* Admins + special Team staff can give acknowledgement regardless of whom started a post. (of course not there own)

(Maybe more stats and features could be included)

This could be tuned into the reputation system and allow members to be seen as a "useful" member. So many members try really hard and personally I like to let them know that I appreciate them. This is just a suggestion as I've never actually thought of putting across ideas to a package like this, however I know some who'd be for it and against.

Please consider it and share your thoughts.
~Kerrang!

P.s These will either be seen as "useful" or "not", but whatever the outcome I still like the idea of suggesting something different. Thanks for your time =)
I know this may sound stupid but I don't really understand what you're suggesting. Can you try explaining it more clearly and with more detail?
Notifications;

When a friend, admin or just a general member you like starts a thread, you'll receive an e-mail telling you the title, the text and when it was started. (giving the person the option to click to reply)

This would be handy for those who don't have a lot of time to surf our forums, yet want to keep "updated" with what's going on.

An option to select "on" and "off" just in case it gets annoying, I know if this did it to all of our friends we'd get bored of it quickly, but I think it could be effective. (so that's why I'm suggesting it)

2nd suggestion; Best responses and acknowledgement.

Away of selecting someone's reply to a thread as the best response. (more for motivation) and allow admins, gmod or those with the permission to do some sort of acknowledgement...

Example clicking + so many times would result in a members reputation gaining higher.

This one's pretty minor, although no currant forum package as a way that us admins or members can really appreciate a response. I personally think something like this could combat those who feel bored, adding a little excitement in posting.

~Kerrang..

P.s Sorry if this isn't as clear, I'm honestly no good when it comes to explaining
I think that both of those would be great for a plug in.
Hopefully some point they might get considered. (by a mod creator)

I think the notification would be a great addition to the MyBB core. A plugin would be great for either though, the best responses would probably suite that but could be nifty.

Thanks for your response =)
~Kerrang!