MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: A suggestion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys, MyBB is cool and i like it a lot !

Here are some suggestions that i think is nice to have XD :

1) Time Interval Between Each Post
Restrict User to making 1 post per X seconds/minute. For example, user can only make 1 post per hour etc. This is to prevent spammers from coming in to spam.

2) Minimum time requirement to view the forum. User must be around for X number of days before they can view it. Like user must be around for 1 week before they get to see other forums.

3) Does not allow consecutive posting. User are not allow to make 1 post after another consecutively.
You can already set #1 in the ACP I believe
Tikitiki Wrote:You can already set #1 in the ACP I believe

Yeah but they are for the entire forum. It will be good if each sub forum/ usergroup have their own time limit.
Tianzhui Wrote:
Tikitiki Wrote:You can already set #1 in the ACP I believe

Yeah but they are for the entire forum. It will be good if each sub forum/ usergroup have their own time limit.

I thought you said your whole point was to help prevent spammers. So you want to prevent spammers from spamming part of your forum, but not the other?
hmm it works like this :

1)
Restrict a usergroup to post once per 3 hour and once they managed to obtain 10 post without being banned, they will shift to another group with no restriction. This will help us regulate the forum better.

2) Restrict a forum to post once per 3 hour. All newcomer can only post in this "newbie" forum to ask questions and suggestion and have to obtain 10 post before they can shift to another group that can post in all forums.

Nowadays, whenever you ban somebody, he will register immediately again and continue spamming. Having this system allows us to control the amount users spamming.