MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Assorted forum layout questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there, my forum was recently upgraded to 1.8.12, which resulted in a bunch of visual+layout things needing fixed.

One thing I'd like advice on is changing the rounded corners on buttons like these:

[Image: bvVOQyF.png]

[Image: 3dEJypv]

to square corners like you can see with the selected page in the pagination. Where do I go+what do I change to make this happen?

Apologies if this is an easy+obvious fix, I'm not great at this stuff.
which theme you are using ? can we have your forum url ..

if your theme consists of css3.css stylesheet then
(in general) you can remove its contents & check if it helps

[themes: css]
thank you for the quick response! My forum is eagle-time.com. The theme is a custom one built by my co-admin (the one with actual experience being a forum administrator). He's quite busy though so I am trying to fix as many issues which cropped up after upgrading the forum without his help.

I checked the css3.css stylesheet as you suggested and removed all the border-radius, which fixed the problem. Thank you!

I have another question, please let me know if I should start another thread for this instead: On my forum's index page, the thread names in the Last Post column originally linked to the last post of the shown thread. After updating, they instead link to index.html.

The template for forumbit_depth2_forum_lastpost looks like this:
<span class="smalltext">
<a href="{$newpost_link}" title="{$full_lastpost_subject}"><strong>{$lastpost_subject}</strong></a>
<br />{$lastpost_date} {$lastpost_time}<br />{$lang->by} {$lastpost_profilelink}</span>
(2017-08-15, 11:05 AM)Schazer Wrote: [ -> ]thank you for the quick response! My forum is eagle-time.com. The theme is a custom one built by my co-admin (the one with actual experience being a forum administrator). He's quite busy though so I am trying to fix as many issues which cropped up after upgrading the forum without his help.

I checked the css3.css stylesheet as you suggested and removed all the border-radius, which fixed the problem. Thank you!

I have another question, please let me know if I should start another thread for this instead: On my forum's index page, the thread names in the Last Post column originally linked to the last post of the shown thread. After updating, they instead link to index.html.

The template for forumbit_depth2_forum_lastpost looks like this:
<span class="smalltext">
<a href="{$newpost_link}" title="{$full_lastpost_subject}"><strong>{$lastpost_subject}</strong></a>
<br />{$lastpost_date} {$lastpost_time}<br />{$lang->by} {$lastpost_profilelink}</span>

Replace it with:

<span class="smalltext">
<a href="{$lastpost_link}" title="{$full_lastpost_subject}"><strong>{$lastpost_subject}</strong></a>
<br />{$lastpost_date}<br />{$lang->by} {$lastpost_profilelink}</span>
Ashley1 This worked, thank you!
Some additional things I could use some help with:

1. After updating the site, links to subforums are now displayed on a new line underneath the text "subforums". The minion.gif and minioff.gif icons indicating whether the subforum has unread posts have also disappeared. Which template should I be looking at to fix this?

(Comparison of my site's index.html before upgrading and after)

2. Prior to the update, registered users were able to edit their Thread View Options in the User Control Panel and choose whether or not to display images and/or video in posts. This account setting can no longer be accessed through the UCP and now requires an admin to toggle it.
Your global.css has been changed. You currently have this in global.css:

.subforumicon {
    border: 0;
    vertical-align: middle;
}

To restore it to the default make sure you replace the above code with this in your global.css

.subforumicon {
	height: 10px;
	width: 10px;
	display: inline-block;
	margin: 0 5px;
	background: url(images/mini_status_sprite.png) no-repeat 0 0;
}

.subforum_minion {
	background-position: 0 0;
}

.subforum_minioff {
	background-position: 0 -10px;
}

.subforum_miniofflock {
	background-position: 0 -20px;
}

.subforum_miniofflink {
	background-position: 0 -30px;
}
using old version's theme on MyBB 1.8.x is not recommended and updating the old theme is a bit complex task
it would be better to use a fully compatible theme for your forum.

MyBB 1.8.x Themes | Theme installation guidance