MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thread formatting not working?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

Not really sure if this is the right area to post this, but I guess I'll try anyways. Basically, when posting a thread and using formatting (lists, to be exact), the outcome is not what is expected. I should also throw in that I'm using the Flatty theme, which AFAIK is slightly outdated, but it looks like it works.

Here is what it ends up as and what I'm wanting it to look like (I want the list with the dot points and indentation, but it's not here in the final version):
[Image: 9t8X371O8P.png]

Thanks for any help. If you need more info, then I'll include it, though I have no idea what else I should include.

EDIT: Oh, and I should include this:
- The website is https://kairosmc.net/
- The post is https://kairosmc.net/showthread.php?tid=2
- I'm a complete noob with MyBB and have almost no clue as to what I'm doing.
Admin CP   ›   Templates & Styles   ›   Flatty   ›   global.css   -   click on 'Edit Stylesheet: Advanced Mode'.

...now copy & paste the following code below:

ul.mycode_list {
    margin: 15px 0 15px 30px;
}

ul.mycode_list li {
    list-style: initial;
}
(2017-08-15, 05:28 PM)Rōshi Wrote: [ -> ]Admin CP   ›   Templates & Styles   ›   Flatty   ›   global.css   -   click on 'Edit Stylesheet: Advanced Mode'.

...now copy & paste the following code below:

ul.mycode_list {
}

ul.mycode_list li {
}

Thanks! That fixed it.
So this works for bullets but not numbered lists.
^ try using below
ol.mycode_list {
}

ol.mycode_list li {
}
Thank you, that changes numbered lists to bulleted lists, but better than no numbers or bullets at all.

I tried:

list-style-type: roman;

But it didn't work.
oh, sorry.
instead of
Quote:ol.mycode_list li {
}
you can use
ol.mycode_list li{
list-style-type: upper-roman;}
or
ol.mycode_list li{
list-style-type: lower-roman;}
Thanks again. That gives me i ii iii or I II III

How do I get 1 2 3 ?

ol.mycode_list li {list-style-type: decimal;}

OK got there in the end! I tried "roman" in an online generator and it worked. Anyway, decimal is the go, sorry if I led you astray there. Also I didn't initially remove "list-style".

Thanks for help.
this should work
ol.mycode_list li {list-style-type: decimal;}