MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Two Letters or More Searching Members?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When a user is trying to refer another user at registration it says that you must enter 2 or more characters.

There are members with usernames that are only one letter on my forum

How can I fix this?
Hello,

Go to
Admin CP -> Templates & Styles -> Templates -> ‘Your Theme’ -> Member Templates -> member_register_referrer

NOTE: Make sure to copy the original code incase you mess up so you can repaste it.
P.S: Not sure if this works.

Go down until you see this
minimumInputLength: 1,

Change the 1 to a 2

If you need anymore support feel free to reply.
(08-15-2017, 11:28 PM)Brian. Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

Go to
Admin CP -> Templates & Styles -> Templates -> ‘Your Theme’ -> Member Templates -> member_register_referrer

NOTE: Make sure to copy the original code incase you mess up so you can repaste it.
P.S: Not sure if this works.

Go down until you see this
minimumInputLength: 1,

Change the 1 to a 2

If you need anymore support feel free to reply.

Thanks a ton. Can you also help me with the other thing?
Depends what other things are we talking about. I’ll try my best.
(08-15-2017, 11:51 PM)Brian. Wrote: [ -> ]Depends what other things are we talking about. I’ll try my best.

Just did what you said and when I type one letter in the refer box it says "Loading failed"
Hopefully you copied the original code because if you read the p.s / note I left in the thread I said it may not work. Anyway sorry I can’t be as much help right now. Sorry.
(08-15-2017, 11:55 PM)Brian. Wrote: [ -> ]Hopefully you copied the original code because if you read the p.s / note I left in the thread I said it may not work. Anyway sorry I can’t be as much help right now. Sorry.

Thats fine.

I changed it to two character signup now.

Can you respond to my thread about thread prefixes?