MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Account activation email not comming in
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I have been getting complaints that people are waiting for there activation email to come and it never does so they can't post...
Please advise,
Thanks,
Bye.
I believe you may have to set account verification to Instant Activiation instead. It will save you a lot of headaches with members complaining. If a user goes bad, you can always ban them Smile
Ok, thanks but how do I do this?
Thanks,
Bye.
doh >.< sorry forgot about that

acp / "Board Settings" / Change / User Registration and Profile Options / Registration Method / Instant Activation
I did that and my style went away again! I went to the User CP and set the style again and nothing happened, even after I saved the settings!
Please help,
Thanks,
Bye.
?

Are you posting in the right thread? If you did that, it shouldn't change anything in your usercp. It's for registration method...meaning instead of them waiting for an activation email, once they fill out their registration info, they are ready to post on your board.
Your server is probably not setup to send emails. Have a check with your host.
Try sending yourself a test email via the forums form mailer. If you don't recieve the emails, then your server isn't capable of sendmail. Or you can as k776 suggested, check with your host just to be on the safe side.
When I used PhpBB emails worked fine.