MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is there a way announcements to be shown only to a specified group
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just want to know if there's a way to make announcements to be show to a selected group only.
No, you'd need a core edit or plugin. One way you could do this now is just give certain usergroups access to specific forums, and then have the announcement only display in that forum. Thus only certain usergroups can view said announcement. (Not sure if this has any effect on users manually getting the link to the announcement itself, but that seems unlikely)
Ok if I'm to build a plugin or to do core edit where should I start I'm a PHP guy know my way around that damn sexy language but never have ventured in to building plugins. I love to learn while doing it so can you point me in the right direction please.
(2017-08-16, 06:47 AM)sadaruwan12 Wrote: [ -> ]I just want to know if there's a way to make announcements to be show to a selected group only.

There is a plugin: https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=659