MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Fix total thread and posts and latest post on home page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I need the home page list of forums to show the total threads and posts in all its subforums, as well as displaying the latest post from any of the subforums (not from itself).

On the home page, I have it like this:

CATEGORY A

> FORUM 1
>> Subforums: SUBFORUM 1, SUBFORUM 2, SUBFORUM 3

> FORUM 2

> FORUM 3

Now, say that there are 
10 posts in SUBFORUM 1, 
10 posts in SUBFORUM 2,
10 posts in SUBFORUM 3

FORUM 1 (for example) should look like this:

Forum __________________ Threads ____ Posts ____________________________ Last Post

FORUM 1 ________________ 30 ______ 115  ______ Latest cool post 30 by username

HOWEVER, it does not look like that. Instead, it shows this:

Forum __________________ Threads ____ Posts ____________________________ Last Post

FORUM 1 _________________ 0 _______ 0  _____________________________ Never

It is worth noting, I am using the official Flatty theme.
Have you tried to recount and rebuild de forums stats?
(2017-08-18, 09:01 AM)adi19 Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried to recount and rebuild de forums stats?

That is not the problem, you are in the completely wrong ball park. The forum stats are correct, there are ZERO posts in the top level forums. All the posts are in the subforums. I need the total of ALL subforums within that top level forum to show on the totals on the top level forum.

vbulletin does this automatically.
Sounds annoying.
But easy to resolve I guess...
Some queries will have to be rewritten in the core php files.
You may want to rebuild your site stats; this works fine on my site.
(2017-08-22, 10:16 PM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]You may want to rebuild your site stats; this works fine on my site.

does nothing already told you that. rebuilding resets to 0 because there are 0 in there. there are only posts in the SUBFORUMS.

BUMP I can't even use the forums until this critical bug is solved. Otherwise the home page doesn't show any posts because all posts are in subforums.

This problem is the one thing stopping me from launching my forums. With this, it looks like my forums are empty instead of thousands of posts which are in the subforums.
Please wait at least 24 hours before bumping your own thread. On my site, I have a forum with subforums which correctly show up.
Subforums work fine. Their combined totals are just not calculated and included into the parent forum.

This is a critical issue and I still can't launch my forums yet because of it.
For me, the parent forum correctly includes subforums for last past, post count, thread count.
(2017-08-24, 05:52 PM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]For me, the parent forum correctly includes subforums for last past, post count, thread count.

Does not work for me. what theme are you using and what is the code in the theme file?

By the way I also changed to default theme and still same problem
Pages: 1 2