MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mark post as off-topic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to have a plugin which adds ability to mark a post as off-topic by users. For example when the post gets more than 3 (fully configurable) "reports" -> it will be hidden and only the notice will be shown instead (after clicking on the notice, the post will be shown to user).

For marking post there would be a button in a postbit (under the post). 

I think this would be really useful for community boards. Is there any plugin available or the new one is needed? Thank you in advance!
How will you decide which posts get to be hidden? Just by reports? I don't believe that would be a reliable way to do it becaucae that system is meant as a moderation tool, once a moderator gets to review the thread any issue is meant to be solved, isn't?

I can see adding this to my OUGC Custom Reputation system though. With a new setting to "Hide post after X <reputations>", have you used my plugin?

It could be added to any like system I suppose.
Dylan actually coded two plugins with similar characteristics you describe BTW.
https://mods.mybb.com/profile/22890/downloads

But they work only based on post/user reputation and the code is a little outdated and unoptimized, but that same logic is what could be applied to any like system.
@Omar G. - thank you. This system works fine in other community boards, everything is only about the community itself