MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My site got crashed. Help me choose good host.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Go back, re-read what I said.

I said you should be caching with an SSD; which had you had the knowledge, you’d know what that means: loading off the disk minimising CPU use.

Depending on how you configure your caching, depends on how much CPU you consume. Then it’s not even running through PHP; so having “10-15 plugins” is a moot point. You won’t get “1000k (1m) views” in a second. That’s... quite a lot. And if you are getting 1m views a second you should be on dedicated hardware.

So, yes - I am recommending him a cost-effective solution. I sysadmin for a living - I know how to minimise CPU cycles. I ran a successful website off a Raspberry Pi B once.

I’m not interested in betting. I have better things to do with my time than measure my parts in comparison to yours.
You even are able to ramdrive the things... much more efficient then ssd... but the problem here is he asked for a server cause his system crashed with this specs, that show us he is not searching for the ultimative optimizing (he is not able to do, wich is not a problem). He asked for a server who handle this ...

So i calculate with standards (plugin count ect.) and calculate the 1000 views at same time (forgive me the typo with the k)...

Sure you can run it on smaler systems, but this need the knowledge to optimize it or the money to pay some for this.
Don’t RAMDrive it - you can safely assume SQL will be cached in RAM; rendering that useless.

The costs of getting someone to set up caching short term, will be cheaper than paying a stupid amount because you think you need something larger.

1000 members “online” isn’t necessarily 1000 views each second. Online includes up to 15 mins ago.
Pages: 1 2