MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Don't want my username to be displayed in forum instead can i show my Nickname
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't want to show my username to public when i am using the forum as admin since they clearly know my username , i don't want to do it as a admin .
Can i instead show them my nickname like in Wordpress there is an option to do so .

I can prevent some security issues if hackers use it as a loop hole know admin account.

Can someone help , i really appreciate your support.
forum admin panel >> users & groups >> users >> [edit user]

admin named user can be displayed as "administrator"
but this admin named user need not have administrating privileges.

you can create a new user with some random name,
display as "Registered Member" & this user can have the administrator privileges.

Quote:display username
this usergroup is purely for setting the user group that will be shown for the user.
It does not affect permissions in any way.

example
if a user had the Registered user group as his primary user group
and the Administrators group as the display user group,
he will appear as an administrator on his posts,
and his username will be in the Administrator color,

but he will not have any administrator permissions as he is not part of the Administrators user group.

see also MyBB Admin Control Panel - Users
(2017-08-19, 03:43 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]forum admin panel >> users & groups >> users >> [edit user]  

admin named user can be displayed as "administrator"
but this admin named user need not have administrating privileges.

you can create a new user with some random name,
display as "Registered Member" & this user can have the administrator privileges.

Quote:display username
this usergroup is purely for setting the user group that will be shown for the user.
It does not affect permissions in any way.

example
if a user had the Registered user group as his primary user group
and the Administrators group as the display user group,
he will appear as an administrator on his posts,
and his username will be in the Administrator color,

but he will not have any administrator permissions as he is not part of the Administrators user group.

see also MyBB Admin Control Panel - Users

I am not using "admin" or "Administrator" as name of the actual admin account.
I am using some other name but it shows my authority level below each of my post so anyone can guess my admin username used for log-in. I do not want to have same name for display and for login.

Like in Wordpress my admin login ID is say "XYZ" but in my posts and profile i have option to choose a nickname say "ABC".  Now a hacker cannot guess XYZ is my login ID because my name displayed publicly is "ABC".

I want a similar option on myBB and hope there is such option but i am not able figure out in profile section.

Kindly help.  Thanks
Don't use admin account for posting, at all. Create a moderator account for forum activities.
Perfect , thanks guys got the solution .
My Bad i didn't get the proper meaning in my earlier read.