MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Various Generic MyBB Questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Heyo guys. I'm back with more questions :D

So, with me trying to use MyBB again, with a whole new perspective and more experience with various elements involved with MyBB, I'm running into new issues and questions sounding something akin to "hmm, I wonder how I could do X."

First up: How would one make it so that all new members on the forum are forced into having their editors in sourcemode, while also taking away their ability to change it. I'm aware that setting all existing users to use it would involve sending a MySQL query, but the details on that I'm unaware of. If people could help me fill in the blanks, would be much appreciated.

Secondly: How would one go about editing the post editor/creator? I know the basic edits of changing the background colour and such - but I don't know how to add extra buttons, functions, or even change the colour of the blinker (maybe I'm incompetent, but I swear I cannot find it in inspect element). Sort of things I'm looking to accomplish with this are: Adding buttons for the mycodes I've added, adding new fonts, changing the size system so rather than numbers its words and each word = a certain number (but numbers can have different size values - don't know if this is possible at all but would be very useful for generating variation in posts).

Thirdly: Create an extra section in the user profile section where I can add custom fields.
Optional: Add in that section a place where people can upload small mp3 files, (limited to 1mb or similar figure) that people can listen to on their profile.

If people are kind enough to grant me assistance that would be great. In the event people do, it would be great if people could explain what it is rather than just offer a solution, that way I can learn rather than just C+P'ing code ;)
Additional: This is not completely related to default MyBB but I would imagine others might have some helpful information regarding it.

I'm using this: https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?acti...ad&pid=154
and I was wondering if it was possible to give moderators the same notification admins get when a user account needs activating. (But linking to the mod cp rather than the admin cp)
Anyone?
all above requirements should be achievable - however a coder's help would be required.

you may have to hire a coder for getting them done.

--- moved to Requests / Services / Jobs section ---
Ahh I see. My mistake.
Herro?