MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Category Header Option
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'd like to have an option to change out the header for each category.
This would allow a wider appeal to various groups and let them use the same database.

For example, this link would have it's own header image and title:
The MyBB Development Group
should be plugin not core

but i like the idea behind
Is there even a plugin for that currently? I don't see the demand.
Interesting
(2017-08-21, 03:46 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]Is there even a plugin for that currently? I don't see the demand.

Independent Headers would help to address the "two-forums-one-database" dilemma. 
Such as: https://community.mybb.com/thread-135888...two+forums
Quote:Independent Headers would help to address the "two-forums-one-database" dilemma.
There is simpler method.

Clone your theme and change header. Now you can choose theme per forum category in forum settings.
(2017-08-27, 08:08 AM)Matslom Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Independent Headers would help to address the "two-forums-one-database" dilemma.
There is simpler method.

Clone your theme and change header. Now you can choose theme per forum category in forum settings.

I briefly tried this on my localhost AND IT WORKED!
This feature of MyBB is excellent.  Thank you for pointing out the way!
(2017-08-27, 08:08 AM)Matslom Wrote: [ -> ]
There is simpler method.

Finding that feature is easily overlooked.
It's under "Forum-Specific Style:" <-- I think they meant "Theme"  --"Forum-Specific Theme" would have been more consistent.