MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: error message on plugin database.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello. Is anyone else having issues getting the plugin server to load. I've always gotten the error message below. I did find the past thread from 2014, and another that stated it could be the hosting site I use. I messaged them and they just referred me back to the thread from 2014. I'm guessing that was an issue that had/has been resolved so I'm not sure whats causing my problem. . Any ideas?

The following errors were encountered:
  • There was a problem communicating with the MyBB modifications server. Please try again in a few minutes.
which version of MyBB you are using & who is your web host ?

if browsing plugins from the forum admin panel doesn't work then
it might be better to browse the Extend Section through your web browser (manually)
Mostly its a serverside probelm, on shared and freehoster who blocking external communication.
The version we have is 1.8.12
Our hosting site is fast comet. I talked to them yesterday and they checked to see if communication was working and they said it was.

So I'm not totally sure where to go from here or what to do. It's my first time switching from a board type message system to a forum based one.