MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Plugins won't show
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,

I'm quite new to this but gradually getting the hang of things. I know how to use the FTP (FileZilla) to upload things to the server etc. and have done it before with other forum software; however, when I upload some of the plugins directly from the MyBB interface (ones which it suggests are compatible with my version -- I only installed last week), they upload to the server via the FTP fine (to public_html > inc/plugins) but don't show at all on MyBB on the plugins page where I should be able to select and activate.

Any ideas why not?

Thank you in advance!  

P.S. My forum is located directly at the main webpage (e.g. www.*name of forum*.org), so that's why I uploaded to public_html, then inc/plugins).

P.P.S. I thought that perhaps the 2 plugins I tried were causing issues, so I deleted them from the FTP server list and from the cPanel on my host server. Now, of course, I get just the grey box saying:

This section allows you to activate, deactivate, and manage the plugins that you have uploaded to your forum's inc/plugins directory. To hide a plugin from view, but not lose any stored information from it, click the Deactivate link.
Which plugin you last installed ? Try to delete that plugin files.
which plugins you have tried and which version of php you have (shown at home page of forum admin panel) ..
(2017-08-23, 05:28 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]which plugins you have tried and which version of php you have (shown at home page of forum admin panel) ..

Wow! Thanks guys for the quick replies. In response:

a) I tried the 'lastposteravatar' and 'prostats' plugins.

b) I then deleted both.

c) MyBB version: 1.8.12

d) PhP version: 5.6.29

Thanks!
can we have your forum url & which theme you are using ?

if plugin files are uploaded to correct locations then there should be no problem with them.

assuming that your forum is eligible for the support, if direct help required then
tomorrow you may PM me temporary access to forum admin panel & files (FTP)
(2017-08-23, 05:47 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]can we have your forum url & which theme you are using ?

if plugin files are uploaded to correct locations then there should be no problem with them.

assuming that your forum is eligible for the support, if direct help required then

That would be really helpful -- thank you. I will PM you tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks again!

(2017-08-23, 06:06 PM)HuaLek Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-08-23, 05:47 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]can we have your forum url & which theme you are using ?

That would be really helpful -- thank you. I will PM you tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks again!

Sorry .m. but I have decided not to pass on all my details to you via PM, and hope that this problem can be solved another way Smile No offense intended, but I'm always very cautious about supplying comprehensive details like that.

If you or others are still willing to help, then in answer to your questions above, the forum URL is:

www.awakeness.org

The template I am using is the default one.

Thank you!