MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Popunder adds when opening a forum.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So basically I want people to get ads whenever they open a forum.
I need to add the ad code in <body> not <head>.
How do I do this? I am next to clueless..
I put mine in the header template and in the footer template, 1 banner ad at the top and bottom.
I did add banner ads but they are not showing on my phone for whatever reason..
This is why I want to add pop under ads whenever you open a forum, or at least get the banners to show on my phone.
Well if you need the popup ads, and you need to be in the body tag. The 'header' template is the place to be. As for the banners not being displayed on your phone, I'm not sure. Are you using a different theme on mobile than on the desktop?
It's the same theme I've just checked. It's just weird that I get the ads on my pc but not on my phone.
Considering my forum is going to be mostly visited using a mobile device I have to get the monetization done..
I am using My Advertisments plugin if that matters.
It might, I have signed up for Google Ad Sense and created my own sub template.
I now know why banner adds were not showing on my phone. I have a similar adblock tweak on it. I am so stupid.
Banner adverts are the only ideal way to show adverts to your users.
Google's adsense program specifically bans pop-ups & pop-under presentations of it's adverts. When they catch you doing such things, your site, account, and all generated revenue will be lost.
https://adsense.googleblog.com/2017/07/c...nders.html

Also be aware that Google's has stated they will be lowering the ranking of sites that utilize these types of tactics: https://www.theverge.com/2016/8/23/12610...titial-ads

And, of course, every modern browser blocks pop-ups and pop-unders by default, so it's lost revenue anyways.
Thanks, I've abandoned that idea. Thought banner ads were not showing on phone for whatever reason but turns out it was because I had an adblocker.

I will stick to banner ads.
(2017-08-26, 09:28 PM)yggar Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, I've abandoned that idea. Thought banner ads were not showing on phone for whatever reason but turns out it was because I had an adblocker.

It's ironic that you want to put ads on your site, but personally use an adblocker. Just saying.
Pages: 1 2