MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: how to bypass a parent forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I am trying to configure a small forum using NetPen.
I would like to see a home page with a fixed amount of forums (users cannot add a forum),
some threads inside the forums (users cannot post threads) .
And finally, the replies.

Estructure I want:

Forum:
     thread1:
           members replies
     thread2:
           members replies

I don't find a way to do that in settings. It seems that an extra "Category" of forum is mandatory.
NetPen wants this structure:

Category:
           Forum:
                thread1:
                    members replies
                 thread2:
                    members replies

Is there any form of bypass the category forum requirement?

Thank you in advance.
at the forum management, for each forum you can set custom permissions for each & every user group.

Quote:Can Post Threads
Can the group post new threads in the forum?

related details => forum management - permissions (MyBB 1.6.x)
To my knowledge, you cannot have loose forums they need to have a parent category.
[Image: b9305c2c03.png]
^ yes, there cannot be a forum without category. I've missed actual requirement.
Thank you.

I am not having issues setting the rules of members permissions. I have succeeded at this by setting the "permissions" in "Forums & Posts" tab.

My issue is:
The structure of the NetPen doesn't allow me to just put a forum in the home page. It shows me an error in forum management:

The following errors were encountered:
  • You must select a parent forum.

My community and variety of topics is small, instead organization, an extra "directory" is not good for a comfortable browsing.

I do not have the forum in internet, it's just the previous settings in the server, so i can't share the URL

Ok, thank you!