MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Make Email Optional on Registration Form?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

Please I want to make e-mail address optional on the registration form. I know the importance of email in password recovery etc but I want to make it optional anyway. 
Thanks
Bump!
Please anyone have an idea?
This is a huge core modification. Better you post a request in this section. Its not easy to found a voluntair for this. You have better changes with a budged.
(2017-08-27, 12:53 AM)wanchope Wrote: [ -> ]Hi

Please I want to make e-mail address optional on the registration form. I know the importance of email in password recovery etc but I want to make it optional anyway. 
Thanks

You could pre-fill the email input fields with a generic email address, and explain to the user that they may ignore the email fields if they don't want to provide their own. You could also hide the email fields and pre-fill their inputs as described above, then tell the user to change their email after registration if they wish to use their own. You'd need to activate the accounts of those users manually though, and allow multiple accounts per email address.

This may cause several problems you'll need to fix though, like having an alternative way to reset passwords, etc.