MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Unable to access admin CP or log out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
12 hours ago our website was running fine.  The only person with admin access and the FTP password is myself.  Overnight something seems to have happened to the site.

I am only able to log into the 'Home' section of the admin CP
I can't log out of the website and neither can normal members
As I'm unable to log out I can't try the other admin account to see if the issue is with mine but as members are unable to log out I'm assuming it's all accounts.

I have contacted the people we host the website through and all they could offer as advice was to try using PHP version 5.5 which made no difference.  The website was running on version 8.1.11 when this first happened, I have now updated the website to version 8.1.12 but again, this has not fixed anything.

This is the error I get when trying to navigate around the admin CP

[Image: JtJCnn4.png]

When I post a threat on the website I get this message at the top of the site:
[Image: W7AoV3S.png]

I am able to post threads but when I click post it shows a blank screen until I navigate to the portal page where I can see the post.

Nothing has been changed on the site since 8.1.11 was released until today.

Any ideas and help with this?  I'm assuming its something to do with a plugin but I can't access the CP to disable it and try that.  I have no idea how to do this through the FTP if you even can.

Thanks
can you rename thankyoulike.php file in the plugins folder as thankyoulike.old file and check if it fixes the issue ..
(2017-08-29, 01:02 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]can you rename thankyoulike.php file in the plugins folder as thankyoulike.old file and check if it fixes the issue ..

That worked!  Thank you so much.  What would cause this to happen?  Seems strange when I've changed nothing for a month or 2
^ please see UTF Byte Order Mark
in general, we use an advanced text editor like notepad++ to edit the php files.
see this image