MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Blank Page on attachment image upload.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So our forum has been working fine for a while, except that some users have found their images are getting rotated on upload. I understand that this is because of the exif data, and found the following plugin which claims to fix the problem.
LINK

So having uploaded and activated the plugin I tried re-uploading an image that someone had posted which had rotated. This worked as expected, and I was quite pleased. 

Following this success I decided to try more tests, with another image which I had found rotated. This image uploaded and refreshed the website, but to a completely blank page! I clicked view source, and there is nothing there at all, despite having the expected URL. 

By testing, I have established that files over around 500kb are causing the error (the forum is set to accept 4096kb), and those under are working perfectly. 

I have tested in admin cp > tools and maintainence > Recount & Rebuild, and both 'rebuild attachment thumbnails' and the new 'attachment images rotation fix' produce the same blank page. 

The problem exists with jpeg gif and png, all of which are handled by the plugin. It does not affect bmp or jpeg for example, not effected by the plugin

All of this makes me think that the plugin has a bug so I disabled it in admin cp, no difference other than the associated link in recount and rebuild disappears! This suggests that the plugin has changed something somewhere, or that the disable is not set up to do as it says.

Can anyone follow the code for this plugin, and advise on why it is exhibiting this strange behaviour, and what I can do to fix it. Any help much appreciated.

URL - http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/
mybb version - 1.8.11
php version - 7.1.1

Plugin removed completely, PHP version reverted, then re-updated, still the same problem.
Please help if you can, I can only assume that the plugin has changed something.
If anyone more knowledgeable could look through the code to see if there is something I am not seeing I would be extremely grateful.