MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: email notification problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Where do I specify the sendmail options etc? I am not recieving verification emails.

Thanks.
If you're meaning how to change the email verification settings (so users don't get one) go here:
AdminCP --> Board Settings --> Change --> User Registration and Profile Options --> Registration Method

If thats not what you needed to know, please tell me :p

Sorry Smile
No, I meant that the verification email is not being sent. Is there somewhere that I need to specify sendmail options?
No emails are being sent. Including ones sent using the form.
Your host doesn't seem to support sendmail. Ask them to enable it for you.
cpell Wrote:No, I meant that the verification email is not being sent. Is there somewhere that I need to specify sendmail options?
MyBB uses the mail() function. In PHP you configure this option globally through the php.ini file. If you are having problems with mail, the most likely problem is that your php.ini file is not setup correctly. If you are on shared hosting, do as Cory said and ask your host to configure PHP to either use sendmail or SMTP.
Actually, I am hosting this site suing my own unix webserver. I am positive sendmail is working correctly. I am pretty sure the php.ini file is correct.

The sendmail section in my php.ini file looks like this:
[mail function]
; For Win32 only.
SMTP = localhost
smtp_port = 25

; For Win32 only.
;sendmail_from = [email protected]

; For Unix only. You may supply arguments as well (default: "sendmail -t -i").
sendmail_path = /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i
You could always try this script:
http://www.mybboard.com/community/showth...6#pid12846

that "should" give you a peak of what`s wrong.
"mail sending does not work at all"

i guess it is the server then. any ideas? what should i try doing?
I'm unsure, but I'm sure there is a way of getting a 3rd party email host thing for it? I was told about them about 3-4 years ago, so im not sure if they're still around.
Pages: 1 2