MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem with closed forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to revamp my forum without users on there so I have closed my board and made it so guests have to log on, and in group permissions have removed the access I allowed them. I went into my DB and truncated the sessions table but I have placed sessions in memory, and wonder if that did anything,

Anyway.. they keep coming, now I know I have been told they cannot access and error pages do not show up for me when they try to get on, but how do you explain this?

Reading Thread The Rose Garden
IP: 164.132.161.3 [Lookup]
10:34:AM
Reading Thread 17 Most Powerful Ways To Be Happy

there are more but I just wanted to make sure I am not going nuts... what is wrong? Confused
That's normal. Your URLs can still be accessed from bookmarks or bots coming back to crawl pages.

You should not close your board this way, it will mess up your SEO. Use the recommended method, when upgrading MyBB.
When I (as a guest) access the URL you posted, I get a message "This bulletin board is currently closed. The Administrator has specified the reason as to why below". IOW, even though the Who's Online page says that guests (or users) are visiting threads, they can't see actual content.
(2017-08-30, 06:28 PM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]When I (as a guest) access the URL you posted, I get a message "This bulletin board is currently closed. The Administrator has specified the reason as to why below". IOW, even though the Who's Online page says that guests (or users) are visiting threads, they can't see actual content.

OK so they are not actually reading the content they somehow are clicking on the thread? So long as they are not there or I will never get anything done 

Thank you Laie__techie

(2017-08-30, 06:01 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]That's normal. Your URLs can still be accessed from bookmarks or bots coming back to crawl pages.

You should not close your board this way, it will mess up your SEO. Use the recommended method, when upgrading MyBB.

I just wanted to close it so I could run through all my links...I just did not understand